Garmin Edge 810 Takes The Word Bike Computer To A Whole New Level
Garmin Edge 810 has just put the ante on bike computer sophistication right through the roof and well out of reach for the competition and
all the pretenders in the phone category. In fact, it might be easier to tell you what is not unique.
We have used the Garmin Edge 800 to death since its arrival, both in testing, personal riding and also some of the Team Rockford team members use the product as well. When we started discussing stuff like real time hookup to data like Strava and how cool it would be to know how you were doing when you were riding, as opposed to after.
NETWORK DATA REAL-TIME
Instantly upload your ride data with a Smartphone App
Flipping a screen sideways to improve the view and readability of the data screen metrics was but another brilliant move on Garmin's behalf as it makes the screen more like a car's dashboard, as opposed to a car's dashboard turned sideways.
The following is a full list of tech specs for Garmin Edge 810:
The Edge 810 is designed for the cyclist who wants it all — navigation and advanced training capabilities. It has a built-in basemap and is compatible with optional street or topo maps for detailed navigation and guidance on and off road. Edge 810 tracks distance, speed and more and offers connected features through your smartphone.
It’s compatible with ANT+™ heart rate, speed/cadence and power sensors. This dedicated device gives you a dynamic ride experience, allowing you to connect with the social world and share and receive data, all from the road. Connected features include instant uploads and downloads to Garmin Connect™,live tracking, social network sharing and weather. Edge tracks the data from your ride and sends it to your phone and the Garmin
Connect™ Mobile app via a Bluetooth® connection. This setup saves your phone battery and your phone stays protected, while still providing you and your followers’ access to the valuable, comprehensive, accurate ride data captured by your Edge.
The 810 also offers activity profiles, allowing you to configure data fields and device settings based on cycling activity. Ride it, share it and relive it — all from the road.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
• High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix
• Sleek lightweight design
• Touchscreen and simple user interface: a 2.6" rugged and customizable color touchscreen, quickly find and view the most important data
• New Connected features: live-tracking, instant uploads, social network sharing and weather
• New Garmin Connect: instantly upload ride data via the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone
• New Activity profiles allows you to configure data fields and device settings based on the types of riding that you do, and lets you switch between
them by simply pressing the touchscreen.
• Comprehensive performance monitoring: displays market leading, comprehensive ride data (speed, distance, time, heart rate, cadence, elevation,
power, location and personal records)
• Improved navigation: bike friendly routing and optional street or topo maps2 , also supports Garmin Custom Maps and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery
• microSD card slot available for storage of workout data and additional map detail using preprogrammed City Navigator or TOPOcards for mapping
• Advanced heart rate-based calorie computation
• Training and motivational features: Virtual Partner, interval training, courses, alerts, workouts, personal records
• Auto time zone
• Barometric altimeter: for precise elevation, gradient, climb and descent data
• Zone training: heart rate zone training, supports five heart rate zones, seven power zones
• ANT+™ wireless technology – wirelessly connect to heart rate monitor, GSC 10 speed/cadence bike sensor or ANT+ enabled power meter
• Available with out-front mount for heads up display of your ride data
• Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion, battery life: up to 17 hours
• Water resistant to IPX7 (one meter of water for 30 minutes)
• Weight: 3.5 oz (98.0 g)
• Display size: 1.4" x 2.2" (3.8 x 5.6 cm), 2.6" diag (6.6 cm), display resolution: 160 x 240 pixels
• Size: 2.0" x 3.7" x 1.0" (5.1 x 9.3 x 2.5 cm)
• Temp range: -4F to 140F (-20C to 60C)
If you'd like to speak with a real expert regarding the new Garmin bike computers such as the Garmin Edge 810 then just call the Heart Rate Watch Company at 866-586-7129. We test the products and even sponsor a bike team with Garmin that use the products so we know the drill.
copyright 2013, Rusty Squire, author, firstname.lastname@example.org