Edge 510 replaces it's predecessor the Edge 500 and adds some real features to the game with a screen display that is much improved for multiple metric support.
WHY SHOULD YOU UPGRADE?
Well, a whole host of reasons: 1.) The new Garmin Edge 510 is touch screen for far faster and better navigation, 2.) it also offers connected features for real-time data sharing via your Smartphone and the appropriate app and even 3.) live weather updates from your Smartphone.
Designed for performance cycling, Edge 510 is compact and tracks distance, speed, elevation, personal records and more plus offers connected features through your smart phone. It’s compatible with ANT+ heart rate monitor, speed/cadence and power sensors. This dedicated device gives you a dynamic ride experience, allowing you to connect with the social world and share and receive data, all from the road. Connected features include instant uploads and downloads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social network sharing and weather.
Edge tracks the data from your ride and sends it to your phone and the Garmin Connect Mobile app via a Bluetooth connection. This setup saves your phone battery and your phone stays protected, while still providing you and your followers’ access to the valuable, comprehensive, accurate ride data captured by your Edge. The 510 also offers activity profiles, allowing you to configure data fields and device settings based on cycling activity.
The Edge 510 bike computer is also compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites, for improved performance in challenging conditions. Train smarter and share every detail with the Edge 510.
Product Features and Specifications
• High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix
• GLONASS compatible, for improved performance in challenging conditions
• Touchscreen and simple user interface: a 2.2" rugged and customizable color touchscreen, quickly find and view the most important data
• New Connected features: live-tracking, instant uploads, social network sharing and weather updates
• New Garmin Connect: instantly upload ride data via the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your phone
• New Activity profiles allow you to configure data fields and device settings based on the types of riding that you do, and lets you switch between
them by simply pressing the touchscreen
• Comprehensive performance monitoring: displays market leading, comprehensive ride data (speed, distance, time, heart rate, cadence, elevation,
power, location and personal records)
• Advanced heart rate-based calorie computation
• Sleek lightweight design
• Training and motivational features: Virtual Partner, interval training, courses, alerts, workouts, personal records
• Auto time zone
• Barometric altimeter: for precise elevation, gradient, ascent and descent data
• Zone training: heart rate zone training, supports five heart rate zones, seven power zones
• ANT+™ wireless technology – wirelessly connect to heart rate monitor, GSC 10 speed/cadence bike sensor or ANT+ enabled power meter
• Available with out-front mount for heads up display of your ride data
• Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion, battery life: up to 20 hours
• Water resistant to IPX7 (one meter of water for 30 minutes)
• Weight: 2.8 oz (80 g)
• Display size: 1.7" x 1.4” (4.4 x 3.5 cm); 2.2" diag (5.8 cm) display resolution: 176 x 220 pixels
• Size: 2.0” x 3.4” x 0.9" (5.2 x 8.6 x 2.4 cm)
• Temp range: -4F to 158F (-20C to 70C)
Of course, if you need high resolution full-color maps with turn-by-turn directions for most countries around the world then you should consider the Garmin Edge 810, the most technically advanced bike computer in the world.
MUST HAVE ACCESSORY KIT
The Garmin Edge out front bike mount significantly increases your field of view and adds a much greater level of safety to your viewing experience. The new Garmin Vector power pedals also work with the Garmin Edge 510 to produce all power data and even left/right power balance making it the ultimate weapon.
If you would like to talk to the real pros, guys that use and test the equipment they sell, then simply call us at 866-586-7129 and see what a real difference the Heart Rate Watch Company makes.
copyright 2013, Rusty Squire, author, email@example.com